Monday, January 23, 2006

The Single Life

I went book-shopping today. The gal at the book store gave me a great deal on a few stacks of hardcovers (3 for $1.... cant beat that!). I went to the grocery store, I took my instrument in to be refurbished (it was underwater for a few weeks during the flood last fall).

Today was the first day I've actually ENJOYED being alone since my return to the US. I suppose a month and a half isn't a terribly long time to adjust to the single life, I just expected it to come sooner than it did. Part of it, I'm sure, is the vacation I took last week. I spent a lot of time thinking, and talking with a friend, and just processing everything that's happened over the past few months. Part of it's been re-visiting myself, before I left. Part of it's redifining my wants and needs, and redefining the time line for satisfying those.

So, life is good. Things are getting better. Next step? Getting out of my jammies before noon for a week straight...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know you're doing well.

It's easy to forget that sometimes, being alone isn't just refreshing, but absolutely necessary. As much as the people around who care about you want to be helpful, there are some things you can only decide for yourself, after taking enough time to really weigh and consider them.

The problem comes when being alone becomes a way of avoiding rather than dealing with those decisions - though I don't see you as having that problem, at least not yet. And though it may be obnoxious, I think it's also worth it to remind you that there are folks around you who do care and will be there for you when you need them.

In the meantime, enjoy your freedom! You've certainly earned it!

--
Pauper

Mouth said...

Oh, I know I'm a lucky girl. I have some of the best friends on the planet... people who genuinely care about my happiness and well-being. Life doesn't get much better than that.

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»